Established apprenticeship
programmes can improve
productivity by 76%

We offer bespoke apprenticeships, with each programme designed specifically for the needs of each employer and individual. We use industry experienced tutors, who can immerse themselves into the vision, mission, and values of your organisation.

 

How does it work?

Apprenticeships consist of off-the-job training, and on-the-job training. Off-the-job training must be at least 20% of the apprenticeship duration, and could include regular day release for classroom sessions, practical training e.g. shadowing/mentoring, and industry visits. On-the-job training helps develop specific skills in the workplace and should be overseen by a workplace mentor. Benefits of apprenticeships include increasing employee satisfaction, reducing staff turnover, and reducing recruitment costs.

Image

How does it work?

An apprenticeship must be a genuine job with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme. It is a way for individuals to earn whilst they learn, gaining knowledge, skills, and behaviours in a specific job role. By boosting the skills of your workforce, you will help in improving economic productivity.

Who can be an apprentice?

Anyone over the age of 16 can be an apprentice, providing that they spend at least 50% of their working hours in England throughout the duration of their apprenticeship. Employers can offer apprenticeships to new entrants, or use them to grow existing talent within the organisation. An apprenticeship will provide your employee with the necessary skills, knowledge and behaviours required for their job role.

 
Image

Who can be an apprentice?

Any individual over the age of 16, who spends at least 50% of their working hours in England throughout the duration of their apprenticeship and not in full-time education can apply for an apprenticeship. Employers can offer apprenticeship programmes to new employees, or existing employees looking to grow their current talent.

 

Funding an Apprenticeship

Employers will fall into one of two categories: Levy Payer, or Non-Levy. If you are a Levy Payer, funding for apprenticeships will be taken from your monthly contribution to the Apprenticeship Levy Pot. If you are a Non-Levy employer, will have to make a 10% cash contribution to the cost of the apprenticeship, and the government will cover the rest.

Image

Funding an Apprenticeship

If your annual pay bill exceeds £3,000,000 you will pay into the apprenticeship levy on a monthly basis. These payments are stored in your digital account, and can be used to fund any apprenticeship standard. From April 2019, you will be able to transfer 25% of these funds to an employer of your choice, enabling them to fund apprenticeship training.

Those employers with an annual pay bill of less than £3,000,000 will not need to pay the levy, and will only have to pay 10% of the total programme cost - the government will fund the remaining 90%.

Other additional payments and funding can include a £1000 incentive payment to employers who train a 16-18 year old, or a 19-24 year old who has previously been in care, or who has had a local authority education, health and care plan. Employers do not have to pay National Insurance Contributions for apprentices under the age of 25 on earnings below the higher tax rate of £827 per week.